Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A Hat For Jai!

Here is my first hat, it will be for Jai. I used a See and Sew pattern by McCalls 4764. It wasn't until I measured my boys heads and read the sizes on the packet that I realised it is a Toddler Hat pattern. Oh well, I decided to give it a go on the largest XL size. I'm too impatient to wait until Jai wakes up to try it on him and take a photo so I've used my co-operative Jewellery bust display to help out here!
And one with the brim turned up, which looks cute for inside wear!

It didn't turn out as nicely as I wanted (darn perfectionist in me!) I was trying to be quick and clever and overlock it all together and ended up getting a few folds here and there between the top and the crown - but at least with it being a pattern fabric it's not too noticeable ;)

So now I will wait until Jordan gets home from school to see if I can just fudge the pattern to make it a bit bigger or if I'll take the safer option and find a bigger size one for him.....

Natalie
xx

5 comments:

Little Munchkins said...

Very nice Natalie! I haven't done any hats yet. Seems too difficult for me. But I love this one you have done.

Cass said...

Natalie, it looks great. I would love to try it but Charlotte has a big head so I don't think the toddlers size will fit.

Andrea said...

Well done on the hat Natalie, it looks great. I love making hats for Ellyse and her friends.

tigerfilly said...

Love the fabric, it looks great!

Julie said...

Very cute hat and the material is perfect isn't it?!

And OMG on your hubby's finds below. He was very smart to bring them home. Wow!!