Here is my first hat, it will be for Jai. I used a See and Sew pattern by McCalls 4764. It wasn't until I measured my boys heads and read the sizes on the packet that I realised it is a Toddler Hat pattern. Oh well, I decided to give it a go on the largest XL size. I'm too impatient to wait until Jai wakes up to try it on him and take a photo so I've used my co-operative Jewellery bust display to help out here!
And one with the brim turned up, which looks cute for inside wear!
It didn't turn out as nicely as I wanted (darn perfectionist in me!) I was trying to be quick and clever and overlock it all together and ended up getting a few folds here and there between the top and the crown - but at least with it being a pattern fabric it's not too noticeable ;)
So now I will wait until Jordan gets home from school to see if I can just fudge the pattern to make it a bit bigger or if I'll take the safer option and find a bigger size one for him.....