Thursday, July 23, 2009

My Little Party Princess

Well time has run away from me again, we've all been battling a round of colds here so there hasn't been any time or energy for creating or blogging. But we are now on the mend and I've had a chance to finally go through the hundred or so photos taken from Cheriese 1st birthday party!

Here's a photo of the invitations. I decided on a gate fold style and then spent a coupe of days fiddling around in photoshop adding in all the different photos for the inside - I think it took me longer choosing which photos to use than it did to add them in!

Now for the party photos, here she is with her Daddy - Steve did a wonderful job with all the decorations outside. I had wanted to make some bunting, but just ran out of time.

With her presents


Her cake, every princess needs a castle!

I think she liked it!

and of course, you can't have a party without cupcakes!

We all had a wonderful day.

Look at the bag that my 13 year old nephew Mitchell made for her! He wanted to make her something for her birthday and his Nana helped him with this:


It is just gorgeous and sits hanging on her bedroom door. I am so proud of him, it must've taken him ages to do and we both just adore it. I think it will make the perfect library bag for her, she will look just adorable toting it around the library on our next visit!

Natalie
xx

9 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks like you had a beautiful day. The invitations were lovely, and the cake looks gorgeous. Did you make the cake too? Happy Birthday Cheriese!

Cass said...

Natalie looks like a great day. I love the bag your nephew, well done. I especially love the photo with the presents it really looks like she is sneaking in there, hoping no one will see her

Unknown said...

Holy cow that is a great cake! I've vetoed that one at our house. Infact I've vetoed anything 3D! Good on you.

Natalie said...

The cake was actually really easy to make! Just two cakes on top of each other, and the turrets are just a flat ice cream cone with a pointy cone on the top all covered in icing! I already have her 2nd birthday cake picked out lol, I love making them.

Lily Mulholland said...

Well the invitations and cake are impressive, but WOW Mitchell did such a great job on the bag!!!!

Gillian R said...

I'm seriously impressed with that cake Natalie! Great work!! My daughter would love that... is it in a kids cake cook book?

Austysmum said...

WOW! I love the invitations, how did you get them printed - was it your own printer? The cake is fantastic too and the dress is divine. Looks like a beautiful party!

Hei Lo's Creation said...

Talented mama! Love the invitations! Cute bag ....how sweet is your nephew.

Cathy said...

wow! how quickly time flies! Looks like you all had a great day with your little princess :)