Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Kids Clothes Week - Day 1

I am so excited about this week and am hoping that the 1 hour a day becomes a habit as I've really missed my regular sewing time. Last night I traced off a skirt pattern that I have wanted to make since I first saw it - it is from Ottobre 4/2007, design #4. I've chosen a pretty floral pattern drill with a solid pink cotton for the apron part instead of the cord fabric the pattern called for as I didn't have any complimentary cord fabrics. I really want to use up as much fabric as I can for this challenge and will try to only buy things like matching threads and elastic as needed. To go with the skirt I've chosen a top from Ottobre 6/2008, design #3 "Elly" raglan-sleeve blouse. I have some nice dusty pink knit that is a perfect match to the pink florals in the skirt fabric.

Can't wait for Cheriese's afternoon nap today so I can start sewing!

Natalie
xx

No comments: