Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The best reason to get back to blogging

I've been meaning to get back to my blog for a long time now, I didn't intend to take such a long break but family life as been busy and I haven't set aside time for editing photos and updating my blog. Today is the best day to set aside some time to get back to blogging: 75% of Queensland is currently affected by flooding - streets are under water, crops destroyed, homes lost, people are missing and there have been deaths. This is just devastating. I sat in tears yesterday watching videos and photos of this horrific event and then again hearing and seeing it on the news last night. I felt a sudden sense of helplessness and then grabbed my laptop on started searching online knowing that the craft community would band together to do all that they could do to help.

I first noticed Toni's blog from Make it Perfect is co-ordinating a list of bloggers that will be auctioning off items. You can read all about it here.


I will also be taking part in this, so please check back on my blog later today. I will be running several different auctions, some jewellery will be going up first and I'll see what else I can come up with. All of the money raised at these auctions will go directly to the Queensland Government Flood Relief Appeal.

Please pass this on to your families and friends.
Natalie
xx

No comments: