Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Anita Bag? I Think Sew!

I was so excited to be chosen as a pattern tester for the gorgeous Anita Bag by ithinksew. Here is my version:




I chose a heavy weight fabric from my local fabric store that suits my current favourite wardrobe combination and complimented it with a plain quilter's cotton for the lining. I was lucky enough to find the lilac coloured handles in another local sewing supplies store that set this bag off just perfectly. I chose the zippered pouch option for the internal pocket and used the main fabric as the pocket lining. This is a quite a large bag, the biggest I've made in fact - it measures 42cm wide by 34cm high. It is perfect for trips out with my 3 year old daughter Cheriese, as it is big enough to hold a spare outfit, wipes for sticky hands, both our drink bottles, reusable shopping bags, purse, keys, phone, notebook and even a light cardigan or two! The pattern is very easy to follow with each step explained in detail with lots of photos to show you the way. The curved gusset and pointed shape of the sides are slightly more fiddly then a bag with a flat shape, but still manageable for a beginner willing to take a little extra time.

My only problem now is trying to decide what pattern I want to buy for myself next, I'm thinking one of the adorable clutch patterns would suit me to a T!

Natalie
xx

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks lovely. The fabric is gorgeous, it even matches your blog!

Little Munchkins said...

Wow Natalie, that bag is gorgeous! I love the fabric you chose and the handle plus lining is a perfect match.

Romi Jade said...

Wow, this is fantastic, what an amazing job! I absolutely love the fabrics and you've coordinated them perfectly! Very impressive!

Kelly Casanova said...

Love the colours you've used and I do so love a multi purpose bag!