Wednesday, May 07, 2008

WIP Wednesday

I haven't had much time for sewing lately, so I have been working on my knitting instead. I find it great to be able to pick up during the day or evening, knowing that I can easily put it back on the table if I need to do so quickly. I was able to finish this little cardigan on Sunday, it was a great feeling to finish stitching on the buttons and have Cheriese wearing it moments later! This is from the same Lincraft pattern book as the first cardigan I made.

As soon as I finished this, I was eager to start another knitting project. Cheriese doesn't really need anything else, I've had a few knitted cardigans and hats given to her -so decided against starting another thing for her. While shopping in Foodland (highly unlikely place to buy crafty items!) I came across this book:
So I had a quick look while in the aisle, picked this jumper pattern for Jai:
found the wool I needed and promptly got started the next morning, here's where I'm at so far:
I'm really excited about this pattern - finally not just a plain garter stitch one! Jai keeps looking at it saying it's not a jumper lol. I'm trying to explain that it gets bigger with each row I finish, but his expression tells me he's not believing it just yet! Now I just have to hope that I can finish it in time for him to wear when the weather turns really cold.

Natalie
xx

1 comment:

Kylie said...

Welcome to the knitting world - I totally agree with you - I am finding it easier to knit than sew at the moment - I think that my machine might go into hibernation again (like last year) if I am not careful!