Sunday, July 20, 2008

Brilliante Weblog Award

The very talented AJ nominated me for this award, and I'm still blushing! I must admit to feeling a little guilty as my little blog has been getting a big neglected lately - I have quite a few things that I want to update in here, and hope to get around to it soon.

I never expected to get into blogging as much as I have - initially I set mine up as a way to share photos of my sewing with the EB sewing group. Now I find myself completely addicted to reading what everyone else in the blogging community is doing. It is wonderful to learn more about each other and I love seeing what everyone has been creating, it is so inspiring.

Here's the rules:
Put the logo on your blog.
Add a link to the person who awarded you.
Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
Add links to those blogs on yours.
Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs.

I nominated the following:
Tigerfilly - I love reading her new posts, I can't believe how she gets the time to do all that she does in being a wonderful creative mama and a uni student too!
Karen from "And so, I sew" -Busy mum of twins and now counting down the days until her 3rd baby is due to arrive and she is still sewing up a storm!
Novy from "Little Munchkins" - I'm so jealous of all the sewing Novy does and how well she keeps her blog updated! She is also one of the first to answer the call of help to others too.
Marie from "Quirky Threads" - I was sad to hear that Marie wasn't continuing with her own clothing business as I enjoy seeing all her creations - Thankfully she is still sewing up a storm for not only her 2 children but herself as well!
Millipede from "Tin Whistle" - I am in awe over how much Milli gets done!!! Plus it's wonderful to see her 8 year old daughter sewing along too.
Lisa Barrett from "Homebirth: A Midwife Mutiny" - I love reading my wonderful midwife's blog, I find myself nodding away while reading her posts. I love reading about everyone else's homebirth stories and hope that more women will seek out an independant midwife and have an amazing homebirth just as I did.
Natalie from "Sweet Blue Photography" - Natalie is an amazing photographer who I was lucky enough have to do some maternity photos of me and some newborn photos of Cheriese as well! She has just started up her business so if you are in Adelaide make sure you make an appointment soon before she gets booked out!

Hmmmm now I'm really feeling quite inadequate, I feel as if I haven't made anywhere near enough to be in the same league as these lovely, talented ladies. Well I'm indeed all inspired and motivated now to get back into it again, so expect to see lots more posts in here from now on!

Natalie
xx

2 comments:

Little Munchkins said...

Thanks Natalie for the nomination. And hope to see more of your sewing soon :) I think you will find it is so much more fun sewing for Cheriese than the boys ;)

Helen said...

Where's my nomination Nat!? LOL :)
I agree, I didn't think I'd be so into blogging when I first started. Have meet some fantastic people along the way. Makes me feel like I aren't sewing alone.