Thursday, October 15, 2009

Fresh from the shops today

I had already intended on going to Spotlight today, so imagine my delight when I heard they were also having 20% storewide today as well! I had a detailed list, mainly supplies needed for Kellie's workshop at Hettie's Patch this weekend and thought that maybe an extra thing or two might come home with me as well. Somehow more than that ended up in my take home bag though......

This is what we will be working on in Kellie's class

and this is some of the fabrics I bought today that I plan on using - I will also be raiding my fabric scrap boxes too.

cake boards to make a cupcake stand for my friend's baby shower in a few weeks

these patterns were all $2 each, I just couldn't pass those up!

Suiting fabric in the remnant bin that will make lovely pants for Jai - I ended up getting these for $4.40 and $3.60 each!

These jacketing remnants cost only $2.40, $2.00 and $1.60!!! I'm thinking cute skirts and maybe a jacket out of one of the larger pieces, for Cheriese.


more extras.....


I know I keep promising photos of my new cutting table and work bench, but I just can't seem to get it all neat and tidy, maybe this photo will explain why:

as always, lots on the go - you can see the outfit for my friend's baby that I'm currently working on. I spent this afternoon sewing some more and hope to have a final photo in the next day or so, just some hand embroidery and the hem to do!

Natalie
xx

5 comments:

Unknown said...

How excited must you be to going to a class with Kellie. I have a purse class with Nicole Mallalieu coming up, which I am really excited about, but I would love to do a Don't Look Now class too. One day...

Emma said...

Adds and I will see you there on Saturday!

Karen said...

Well you've been having a nice time haven't you!
Enjoy the workshop - I can't quilt but love Kellie's stuff.

Cathy said...

wow, that was a good haul from spotlight! nothing better than bargain shopping and coming home with heaps of goodies :)

Lily Mulholland said...

Great haul from SL. Hope you enjoyed Kellie's class :)