Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Holiday Fabric

I find it hard to believe that I actually went away on my holiday - it feels as if my time away went so fast and at times it feels like it was a dream, but I have fabric to prove otherwise!

I found it hard to find fabrics close to where we were staying in Phuket, the markets were mainly filled with various knock off designers bags and clothing. In the end I only found one 'real' piece of thai cotton, it was in a small little market where the Wat Chalong temple was.

wishing that I had found more, but perhaps now I have another excuse for a return trip!

Speaking of return trips, I really have to go back to Singapore - I was in fabric shopping heaven down Arab Street! The whole street is lined on both sides with gorgeous fabrics - I could have spent all day there, but decided not to kill my brother with boredom lol! In the end I was running out of space in my suitcase and also spending money, so was quite restrained. As it was most of my fabric traveled home in my brother's case.

Lovely Japenese cottons, ranging from $8 SGD to $15 SGD




Thai embroidered silk - planning a skirt or dress for Cheriese, I just love the pretty scalloped edge (no need to hem this one!)Pretty printed cord - I may make something for myself out of this, it was only $5 SGD a metre!

Hope to find the time to use some of it soon!

Natalie
xx

2 comments:

Gillian R said...

Lucky you!! I'm super glad you got to have some relaxing time to yourself. I especially love the turquoise floral fabric. Very noice!

Anonymous said...

You sure do need to head back to Singapore as you only covered part of the fabric shops....try Chinatown next time and Mustafa a shop that stays open 24 7.....