Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I finally finished a WIP knit!

I am an incredibly slow knitter - and as my children grow bigger, my knitting just seems to feel even slower, so I am very happy that I have finished one of my knitting works in progress. I fell in love with the Spring Garden Tee pattern when I first saw it. I hunted around for the same yarn (as whenever I try to substitute yarns it never works out!) and finally found some from an international ebay seller and off I started.... until I got to a tricky part, then I put it away for a little while until I could work it out.... then I'd pick it back up again.... then put it away.... had to re-do the neckline twice as this was the first time I'd had to 'pick up' stitches and my first attempt ended up in a baggy neck that had way too many stitches in it! Finally got the time and courage to do it again and finally I had a top! Granted there are a few mistakes, but most of them aren't seen when it's on. Next time I really need to start at a size or two bigger as by the time I finished this one it only just fits her.
I couldn't choose just one photo, she was really having fun with this little photo shoot!

Now to find the jumper I started for Jai two years ago...........

Natalie
xx

9 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh Natalie the top is gorgeous, almost as gorgeous as your little girl1 She is soooo very cute, and so grown up!

AJ said...

Well Done Natalie!! Miss C is getting cuter as she grows, if at all possible!!!

Cass said...

Looks great Natalie, I just can't believe how grown up Miss C is looking now

Little Munchkins said...

That is gorgeous, I love it. I wish I could knit!

Kylie said...

Congratulations - it turned out great - I am going to have to attempt to get y hand on some of the rowan calmer - I knitted Amelia's in a supstitute and was not happy with it (it looks great - but goes from a shirt to a dress throughout the day)

Love the colour - good luck with J's Jumper.

ingrid said...

Wow, that is gorgeous!
I can't even knit at all, so you are doing brilliantly imo.

tigerfilly said...

Oh how sweet, she is looking so grown up.

Gillian aka Silly Gilly said...

Such gorgeous photos! Love the jumper and I have to admit, I'm a very slow knitter too. I do just as you do, put it down when it gets tricky... leave it for a while... pick it up a month later!

Belinda said...

I just love these pictures.... gorgeous knit, gorgeous girl!