Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Wonderful Surprise

With everything being so busy here lately I really haven't had much time to myself and very little time for my crafts. This has been getting me a bit down recently and one day in particular last week I was feeling really sorry for myself. You can imagine then what a wonderful surprise it was to go to my mailbox and find a parcel sitting in there. I haven't ordered anything online for ages now so I had nothing to expect, but as I turned it over I saw Ruth's name down as the sender. I quickly dashed inside as I realised it must've been her Pay It Forward (PIF) gift to me! I had signed up for it last year and completely forgot about it.

As I got inside Cheriese was excitedly yelling "present, present" as she helped me to open it. Inside I found the most gorgeous table runner! Before I could even say anything Cheriese seemed to read my mind and started ooohing and ahhing and saying "look mummy, it's pretty".

The best thing is that it fits perfectly on the chest of drawers I have in my entrance hall. The plan is for all the day's bits and pieces to be placed carefully inside one of these drawers, but lately they have been just thrown on the top of it, burying my digital photo frame and generally giving visitors and eye sore as soon as they walk in.

Not anymore, now is looks just stunning



Ruth has some more details about the runner on her blog here too.

Thank you so much Ruth, you seem to have just known the perfect gift for me. I adore the colours and the design you chose and not only did it brighten up a bit of a dark day for me, but continues to brighten up my entire home.

Stay tuned as I will be putting up my own 'Pay It Forward' here in the next day or so.

Natalie
xx

4 comments:

Gillian R said...

Natalie, you lucky thing! Isn't it funny how life can sometimes turn your day around by throwing you something you really need. A lovely way to be cheered up. :) It's gorgeous. Hope to see you next week at Brown Owls!

Kelly Casanova said...

That looks beautiful, what a thoughtful gift.
Thanks for your kind comments on my blog :)


All the best

Kelly

Gillian R said...

Hi Natalie...
I would love you to test the new pattern but I can't find your email address!! Could you pls flick me an email and I'll email you the details.
Cheers!

TheMrs. said...

So beautiful I love it! I am trying to "follow" your blog and for some reason I do not see a area to select that. Can you help me out?? Thanks :)